The JINR University Centre organises language courses on the basis of both Institute Sites (LNP and VBLHEP). The courses are intended for JINR staff members only and are aimed at improving their work-related foreign language skills.
We offer: English, German, French, Russian as a foreign language.
The UC language courses start at the beginning of October and finish at the end of May.
Typically, classes are held 2 times a week during working hours and lasts 1.5 hours.
To apply for a language course, please fill in the online application form.
Applications must be submitted in the period from July 1 till September 04.
After the application period is over, UC staff will contact you by e-mail within 15 working days. If within 15 working days after sending the application form you do not receive our reply, please contact Elizabeth Tsukanova (216-49-42, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Attention! Submitting an application form does not guarantee enrollment in a course. The decision on your enrollment is made by the head of your department and the University Centre. An applicant is considered to be enrolled in a courses only after they receive a confirmation by e-mail followed by the applicant’s further submission of a Letter of Financial Guarantee issued by the applicant’s laboratory or department within the period up to September 15.
The number of vacancies in a group is limited (not more than 12 persons).
The number of groups is also limited.
Studies at the UC language courses are paid by the JINR laboratories and departments sending their staff-members to take a course. Other forms of payment are not possible. Only those JINR staff-members who have submitted a Letter of Financial Guarantee to the University Centre within the indicated period can attend the course they applied for and were approved.
A Letter of Financial Guarantee is not only a confirmation of payment obligations, but also a permission of the directorate of a laboratory or department for a staff-member to be absent from work in order to attend a course during the working hours.
Letters of Financial Guarantee for the Russian language course must be issued separately.
Letter of Financial Guarantee for a language course_blank
Letter of Financial Guarantee for the RUSSIAN language course_blank
How to fill in a Letter of Financial Guarantee:
- indicate your full name and contact information (email, phone number)
- indicate the period of studies (year, first semester (October-January), second semester (February-May))
- indicate the financial source (to be filled in and signed by the economist of a laboratory or department)
- get the Letter signed by a head of your laboratory or department, who is authorised to sign financial documents
- register the Letter at the secretariat of your laboratory or department (indicate the registration number and date)
- not later than September 5 (for the first semester) or February 1 (for the second semester), submit the Letter to the University Centre, (Laboratory of Information Technologies, 4 floor, room 425 or 431) or scan it and send the scan to email@example.com, also sending the original to UC by the JINR inner regular mail.
We will be happy to help you in case of any questions:
Letters of Financial Guarantee